It’s never too soon to start thinking about holiday gifts, and what better way to show your love than by frosting that special someone with season-appropriate ice? You may be thinking that it’s a bit early to break out the mistletoe and gift wrap, but the sooner you get started, the better. Think back to the hazy recollection of holidays past, when you procrastinated right up to the end and wound up frantically scrambling for gifts with no idea what to give. Do you really want to find yourself in that situation again? You really can’t go wrong with the gift of diamonds, and there are plenty of reasons to start shopping now.
1. Sales. If you begin your search for that perfect diamond pendant, a sparkly set of earrings, or even a surprise engagement ring now, you can take advantage of lower prices (due to end-of-summer sales slumps) as well as special sales and discounts. Plus, the ability to take your time will always work in your favor when it comes to making a large purchase.
2. In-stock items. As the holidays approach and the mob heads out to shop in earnest, you’ll be a lot less likely to get good deals, if you can even find the items you want. The early bird gets the worm, so don’t delay if you have something special in mind. Otherwise you could lose out big.
3. The internet. Shopping online requires time for delivery, and once Cyber Monday hits, there are going to be a lot of packages flying around the country. So avoid any mix-ups or delays with your online purchases by getting them drop-shipped before the rush starts.
4. Returns. Buying diamonds can be a bit tricky, but one rule that always applies is appraisal by an independent jeweler. So give yourself time to verify your stone so that if you need to send it back for replacement, you can do so at your leisure.
5. Family matters. Do you really want to be hunting down that perfect pair of diamond studs for your wife come Christmas Eve? She’ll be a lot more appreciative if you’re home for the holidays instead of gallivanting in the snow for something you should have purchased weeks ahead of time.