When it comes to choosing the jewelry you’re going to wear on your special day, you really can’t go wrong with diamonds. And yet, believe it or not, you can go too far with the frosting if you’re not careful and conservative with the pieces you pick. Of course, you know there’s at least one diamond you’re going to have to wear (the one on your ring finger – as if you could forget!). But beyond that, you’re going to have to make some tough decisions when it comes to paring down your options for hairpieces, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. So here are just a few ways you can wear your diamond earrings in accordance with your other items to make you pretty as a picture.
1. Diamond studs. The gold standard when it comes to diamond earrings is none other than the simplest option. You’re going to get the most brilliance from a round cut, so if your studs are pretty small, you should stick to this option. But if you choose larger stones, you may want to go with a more interesting cut like princess or asscher. And by the way, studs will go with almost any other adornment, as long as they’re not ostentatiously large.
2. Hoops. The trick with hoops is to keep them small and understated. You can find ones that are more metallic (gold, white gold, or platinum) with just a few small inlaid diamonds, or you can get ones that are channel-set for a lot more sparkle. Either way, if they brush your collarbone, they’re way too big! Opt for a set that is no bigger around than your thumb or they’re going to overpower your ensemble.
3. Dangly earrings. When it comes to earrings that hang down, you don’t want to get too fancy. A few hanging stones is all that is necessary to complement your face and draw attention to your sparkling eyes. Just a note, if you choose this option, stay away from the diamond necklace. Otherwise people will be blinded by something other than your personality.
4. With other gems. If you want to do something a little different, consider some studs or hoops that incorporate other gemstones along with your diamonds. Just be aware that the accent color you choose should go along with your wedding colors (this is why most brides decide to go with colorless diamonds.
5. Diamond and pearl. There is no more classic combo than colorless diamonds and white pearls on your wedding day. A set of pearl studs with diamond accents is not only timeless and traditional; it is a classy look that absolutely any woman can pull off!