If you are a savvy shopper when it comes to appropriate anniversary gifts, you are probably well aware that there is a “diamond” anniversary (the 60th or the 75th…you decide if you make it that far). But if you are a savvy spouse, you’ll know that you can never go wrong with the gift of diamonds. Every year that you’ve been married is another opportunity to wow the one you love with a new set of diamond studs, a necklace, or even an updated ring. Here are just a few reasons why getting an icy gift will help you heat things up on your anniversary.
1. It’s better than wood. There are some pretty strange items listed for various anniversary years (wood, paper, and cotton to name a few). Although these traditional gifts could force you to get creative (photo frame or jewelry box could both work for wood), don’t you think diamonds will trump anything else you might come up with?
2. Get a set, dole it out. If you’re not really into shopping, you can buy a complete set (earrings, necklace, bracelet, etc.) and have gifts lined up for years to come. Best of all, she’ll think you actually remember from year to year which set the original gift came from.
3. No guesswork. If you dread the thought of coming up with anniversary gifts for the next 50-80 years, knowing that you’re going to get diamonds every year will certainly make things easier, especially if you’re not particularly keen when it comes to determining what she might like.
4. Repetition is encouraged. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend, so you know this is the one gift she’ll never protest. Even if she doesn’t like the setting you choose to house a diamond, she can always get it reset. She’ll appreciate the stone, if nothing else.
5. She can never have too many diamonds. This is just jewelry-buying 101. No matter how many sets of diamond earrings she owns, there is always a more perfect pair. And you could consider giving her a loose stone every year so that by the time you actually reach your diamond anniversary, she’ll have a large enough collection to create the necklace, the earrings, and any other accessory her heart desires.